Volunteering & Internships – The Bridge to Hope
We are currently looking for Interns for the fall semester!
The Bridge to Hope Nonprofit Internship
Program Intern Positions:
Domestic Violence and Shelter Assistant
Children’s Services Assistant
Sexual Assault Assistant
The Bridge to Hope, a non-profit advocacy organization, is seeking a 10-20+ hr/wk Program Intern. Please visit the other pages on our website for more information about our organization.
This position provides a student with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in nonprofit operations, shelter and crisis intervention with potential opportunities for special projects depending on the applicant’s skills.
Interns will work part- to full-time in various aspects of a crisis center and shelter. S/he will assist outreach and shelter clients reach personal goals, office required tasks, outreach and public awareness opportunities, fundraising, and other duties as assigned. The Bridge to Hope strives to facilitate an internship experience that will bring a mutually satisfying experience to both the intern and the organization. After the initial training period, we can work together on specific goals or educational pursuits for the intern.
A good candidate has/is:
- Major/minor in related human services field, including but not limited to: Human Development and Family Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Counseling, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work and also Education and Marketing.
- Good communication skills
- An independent worker
- Ability to work with men, women and children of various backgrounds and status’
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, and the internet in general
- Good public speaking skills
email application to email@example.com with Internship Position in subject line.
**Due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, all volunteers and interns must consent to have a full background check performed before beginning their work with us.